Friday, October 30, 2009

Summer Checklist!

Looking over the list of things that I wanted to do this summer I realized just how much I actually did and how much fun I had! Let’s review the list:
Things I Wanted To Do This Summer
Bear Lake Bear Lake Bear Lake…check! Even though I only went twice this year I still went and had a blast! One of those times was with all the Nash’s and we had my Uncle Jason’s “Steeler of Time” boat. It was great to spend time with family!
Rodeo…check! I went to the rodeo and had a blast! I also went to the demolition derby just before the summer ended…those are awesome too!
Road Trip SOMEWHERE…CHECK AND CHECK! I went to Hogle Zoo at the first of the summer just after Emily got home. We had a crazy fun time and it was great to spend time with my best friend again. I got to go to Park City for my dad’s birthday, then the following weekend (my birthday) Emily and I took a road trip visited each of the temples in Utah and ended up in Vegas with her aunt and uncle and spent a day in Vegas. Then later on in July I was invited to go with Jeff and Sandi and their family to South Dakota. It was an awesome trip…got to visit all the trek sites again and see Mount Rushmore and beautiful surrounding sites. We went to Boise for my cousin's mission farewell...I got to ride with my cousin and help her with her little girls. It was great to see my cousin again and wish him well on his mission. He will be a great missionary. I drove my Uncle Jerry home. It was awesome to spend time with him and talk about my uncle Don who passed away just a few months after I was born and my Grandma Larsen who passed away when I was two...and of course all my uncles and grandpa who passed away when I was nine. I wish I could have recorded it. I loved feeling closer to my family by learning about them through crazy stories. I didn't realize just how much I am like my grandma larsen!
Make Em's Video..Check! When Em got home we made her Ecuador video and it was a success.
Do a Photoshoot…no check…still working on that…
Take a Day Just to Take Pictures..not check…I didn’t have a day to just take to do that!
Go Swimming…check! I got to go swimming a few times with the Winwards and once at the Larsen family reunion and I took my cousins kids and played with them in the pool. All of the little girls went down the little kid slide and would beg for me to catch them at the end. Let’s just say I was worn out by the time we left. 
Go Fluming…no check! I did go and sit on the flume with friends a couple times but never went down it this summer.
Go to Rexburg a Few Times…check! I came to Rexburg a few times…once with Emily. We went and took pictures by the Idaho Falls temple and went and did baptisms in the Rexburg temple. Then went to a concert on campus. It was fun to show Emily around and show her what I had been up to the last year while she was gone.
Have the Best Birthday (19!!!) It was a memorable one that’s for sure! Emily and I were driving home from Las Vegas that day. I think being in the car for long periods of time does things to you. In between Las Vegas and St. George I saw three dead deer along the side of the highway while Emily was sleeping. When she woke up I proceeded to seriously show her the dead deer because they looked so funny. She laughed so hard at me and I was confused for a little bit because I was so serious. We just had to pull over and take a picture of me showing her what the deer looked like…
Read, Read, Read…Check! I read a lot this summer! It was wonderful! If you are looking for a good book try the Chris Stewart Great and Terrible Series. I was hooked!
Over-all it was an awesome summer working at the library and the courthouse and feel so blessed to have had such an awesome summer!

No comments: