Saturday, May 9, 2009

Its Now Summer(well sorta) Here's An Update

Life got a little busy with school and such...and I spent most of my time doing homework, playing, working, and facebooking...which is just ridiculous. I forced myself to go without facebook for a few days but then realized that that's the way I keep in touch with Emily so come May 31 when Em gets home I will spend much less time on there and more time working, playing, reading, being outside, and doing things actually worth my time.
My 1st year of college is now behind me. What a glorious feeling! LOTS have happened and a few things deserve their own posts. I ended up getting two B's this last semester on a few of my tougher classes...but in the end I'm feelin pretty good. I got to thinking that I would just get my associates here at BYUI and then I would transfer somewhere else...just after that thought I checked my BYUI email and I had a scholarship...which means that I will be paying just $300 per semester! The Lord just keeps proving to me that I'm supposed to be at BYUI...so I guess I'm staying there!
I was going to stay up in Rexburg and work at the library there for the summer...but as fate would have it I'm here at home now. I was just going to take a few weeks off and do nothing here at home and then head back up there...but as I went to the library to visit I somehow got talked into working for the few weeks I was home. And things just worked out and now I can get as many hours as I want here at home and I have a few other side jobs here at home so HOME it is for the summer (plus I don't have to pay rent and my mommy is good at cooking and saving me food :) ) Already I am sleeping a lot more and eating a lot better and might I add a lot more! I miss my roommates terribly...they were all soooo much fun! Never a dull moment! And our FHE brothers really are like brothers. I got to go to the Jazz playoff game against the Lakers (the only one the won) with one of my FHE brothers! It was amazing! I had so much fun! I still get random texts and calls from another...which is interesting but that's Jared for ya!
Things are just moving right along! It's almost been a year that my friend left on his mission to Taiwan, which I can hardly believe! I'm thinking about doing a nanny program next summer back east so I might miss him coming home if I do that but I'm really looking into that...But so far I'm waiting for my summer to begin when my friend Emily gets back from ECUADOR! I have missed her a lot and we've already made plans for the summer!

No comments: